Terms and Conditions for Rental
Read carefully these conditions and the following important informations before you book.
Your contract is with the homeowner. You can book your own or group of people representing you by phone, mail or e-mail through our site. Upon receipt of all appropriate payments, we will confirm, subject to availability, your holiday by telephone or by issuing a confirmation letter will be sent to you by post or e-mail. By booking with us you accept these terms and conditions.
Rental prices are published on the site during the period or periods selected. It is assumed that the customer controls the price of the chosen holiday at the time of booking.
Final confirmation of your booking will be sent upon receipt of one third of the total amount of the agreed price for the lease (or full payment).
You can do the payment confirmation by bank transfer.
Following the payment of 1 / 3, to speed up the process please send by fax to (+39) 095 2937029 a copy of transfer receipt and a copy of an identity document, in case of reservations during the imminent arrival we may require full payment via transfer of money and assets.
The balance of funds remaining will be in cash with the delivery of the keys on the first day of rental. Or if you want to use bank transfer, the balance amount must be sent before the 14th day before the stay. In the case we do not receive the amounts as specified in the above terms, we reserve the right to consider the reservation canceled by you.
If you want to cancel your reservation in full or in part, you should inform us by phone first, and then immediately confirm your cancellation with a letter or e-mail. The cancellation will result in loss of the sums paid in advance, and also, if you cancel within 15 days before the booked period we will require to pay the balance. Cancellations will be accepted only if requested by the person who booked and will be effective from the date of receipt of the letter.
Once done, if you want to change your reservation we will do our best to accommodate your needs. Any change is subject to availability and also the administrative payment of a sum of EUR 50.00.
- Booking Transfer
After your booking is confirmed, if you would like to transfer it to another person, we will make every effort to accommodate you but we can not guarantee that it can be done.
- Changes and cancellations by us
Occasionally we have to make changes and correct errors on our website and other details before and after the booking has been confirmed. We will try to avoid changes and cancellations, but we must reserve the right to do so. In case we need to make a major change or cancellation we will alert you as soon as possible trying to provide an alternative at no extra cost.
- Your responsibilities
You are responsible for:
• For properties, it is expected that you take reasonable care of it.
• To leave the property in good condition and clean.
• Of any damage to property or its furnishings, of other person who will be in the property because of you, a member of your group or any person invited by you in the property.Full payment for all sorts of damage or loss must be made directly to the owner of the one who takes his place at that time. In case you did not do what you will be solely responsible for any subsequent complaint to your actions against us.We expect all customers to have consideration for other people relating to the leased property. If in our reasonable opinion or in the reasonable opinion of any other person in authority, you or any other member of your group in some way or because you’re close to cause danger and stress to all third parties or damage to property, we deem authorized without any notice to terminate the holiday of the person in question. In this situation the person in question will be asked to leave the home or other service. We shall have no liability to such person including the return trip. No refunds will be made and will not pay any fees or costs derived from the term of the holiday. It is strongly recommended to buy an insurance policy that provides personal liability cover.9. Our responsibilities
(1) We are committed to ensure that your holiday is organized as planned agreements and contract with reasonable knowledge and attention to detail. Note that it will be your responsibility to demonstrate that reasonable knowledge and accuracy has not been used in the event that you would like to make complaints against us. In addition, we will be only responsible for what our employees do or do not do in the performance, at the time of their use.(2) We are not responsible for any personal injuries, illness, death, loss (for example, lack of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum claimed for each aspect that is apparent from the following:
• the behavior (s) and / or omission (s) of person (s) that is incorrect or any other member of the group or
• the behavior (s) and / or omission (s) of third parties not connected with your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable
• ‘force majeure’.(3) We can not accept liability for any service that is part of our agreement. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities that the owner of the house or any other supplier agrees to provide these additional services and amenities which were not advertised on our website or that have not been agreed with us and each trip you bought locally.(4) As stated in these booking conditions we limit the maximum amount you could pay in the event of any legal action you may appeal to you against us. For all legal actions that do not include death or personal injury, and we will accept responsibility. If we are liable to you we will pay you a fee. The maximum amount of compensation is the reimbursement of amounts paid for the rental. This maximum amount will be paid only if everything will go wrong and you have not received any benefit from your holiday.
(5) Note that we will not accept any responsibility for damages, deficiencies, expenses or other sums of any description:
(I) which, based on information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our acceptance, we would not have predicted that you would have incurred damage or would have suffered if rompessimo our contract with you or
(Ii) that resulted from any breach of contract or other fault of ourselves or our employees and, if we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Also we do not accept responsibility for any loss of business.
10. Deposit for damage
A deposit is required on arrival by the owner or the one who has the the property. This must be paid in cash and then withdraw before departure from the house. The sum of this amount will be stated on the booking confirmation letter. This deposit protects against accidental damages, telephone costs, heating, cooling, and any other service that is extra, as specified in the property description.
11. Heating, bed linen, cleaning, telephone
If there is any objection that has not been established and / or processed prior to departure a refund may be requested within 30 days of notification of the charge. This will also include the costs for extra cleaning if the house was left in an unreasonable state.
12. Force majeure
Exception of cases explicitly clarified in these conditions, we can not accept responsibility for bad performances or parts of our agreements and obligations if they are affected by force majeure, or if for this, you suffer any damage or loss. Force majeure means any event which we or our service providers in question could not foresee or avoid. Events such as war or similar, riots, terrorist acts, industrial impacts, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and similar events out of control.
We hope that you will be pleased with every aspect of the holiday. However in the unlikely event that you are not satisfied you can send your complaint in writing within 15 days from the end of the holiday.
14. Excursions, activities, website information
Where is any mention of local services, activities and excursions is understood to extend only to customer information. Typically, these services are managed by local operators or third parties that are completely independent from us. They are not part of our contract even if they are suggested by us. We accept no liability in connection with such activities of third parties. We can not guarantee the accuracy of the information in relation to such services or the area you are visiting. We have taken great care to ensure the information on this site. However, we reserve the right to make changes to services and prices.
15. Special Requests
If you have special requests, you must notify us in writing at the time of booking. We can not guarantee that every request will be accepted. All bookings will be treated as a standard. Unfortunately for the structure of the premises, the stay of persons with disabilities, is not facilitated by ‘ad hoc’ services.
Your contract is governed by Italian law and jurisdiction will be in Ragusa.
Arrivals and Departures
The delivery of the premises will take at 16.00 (4.00 pm) the first day of hire. The houses must be left at 12.00 (noon) on the last day of the stay. Any changes must be agreed upon time.
The premises are delivered clean and tidy and we assume that you have left everything clean prior to departure, particular attention will be paid to the kitchenette which must be left clean and with all kitchen utensils arranged in their place. You will be asked to pay extra for rooms left in unreasonable conditions.
Gas and electricity
Gas consumption will be included in weekly rentals, in monthly or seasonal rentals only the first delivery will be included, the following one will be charged to the tenants. The consumption of electricity will be charged separately at the rate of 30 cents per KW consumed, this system is supposed to be a deterrent to prevent unnecessary wastage of energy because in an average apartment could be the additional cost of 15 euros per week .
Heating / air conditioning
Use of Heating and Air Conditioning are included in the price of your stay.
Use water sparingly. From time to time there may be interruptions in the public provision of water, especially in high season or during periods when water is rationed. Nevertheless we will make every effort to help you in this case, however, we can not be responsible for local laws. We recommend to drink only bottled water.
Sheets / Towels / Blankets
Sheets, pillowcases, towels are not included. However, if there was any need can be hired at a cost of 15 euros per person per week, bed linen is made from 2 sheets and pillowcases will be handed over in envelopes, sealed and sterilized as we get from the laundry, each set of linen includes bath towels, bath towel and guest, even those delivered packaged and sealed. Pool or beach towels are not included, linens are not provided for cots. The blankets are not provided, please check the availability at the time of booking.
TV / Washing Machine
These LCD TVs are equipped with digital decoder (switch-out is expected in Sicily in 2012, therefore only few channels will be available) built-in, 1 satellite box (free-to-air). The TVs are all high-definition 37 ” in the bedroom, 40″ in the lounge (Mini Apartment), 26 “HD ready in the Attic. Direct Drive washing machine is present in the Mini Apartment, it’s not available in the Attic.
Internet via cable and / or wireless is included for the duration of your stay. Connection interruptions due to failures of central or problems of any kind related to the provider, can not give rise to claims of any kind. The history of connections and sites visited will be recorded in a log file and when requested by the competent authorities, for reasons of safety and / or crimes of various kinds, they will be delivered also with user’s host.
A wireless phone with a fixed regional number is available. The incoming calls are totally free. The outgoing calls are possible and the costs will be charged as resulting on call details. Being a VOIP phone service, even the green numbers and emergency calls will cost.
There is no way to bring and keep pets during your stay.